Thursday, February 13, 2014

This Busy Life of Ours

Ok, so many of you know that things have been slow around here. Mainly because of a shortage in memory on my computer. That hasn't changed. In fact, I tried to get around this problem by taking photos with my iphone to post about some updates we have been doing around the house and then the unthinkable happened... H dropped my phone destroying my screen.

Technology - 2     JP - 0

I have also been MIA lately because H and I went to Denver to visit our good friends who moved out there last year. It was awesome to spend some time with them but we were secretly using them for a place to stay while we took advantage of the great mountains. Shh.. don't tell them : )

H and I both snowboard and our good friends both ski so it was a great opportunity to hit the slopes together since we haven't been able to do that for a few years now. When we all lived in NYC, we took bus trips up to Vermont at least twice a year which were always a good time. We would get on the bus at 4am, head up to Okemo (which was my favorite), ride all day, then hop back on the bus by 4pm to come home. Man I miss those days. Now, we have to plan a whole weekend to get up to a decent mountain, which isn't a bad thing, just not as easy as a day trip. In a few weeks we are actually going to a friends house in the Poconos to board/ski with a bunch of people, should be a good time. But nothing like riding in the Rockies!

H and I went one other time to Colorado and hit up Copper Mountain - it was amazing. Like nothing we had ever seen before. Needless to say we were psyched to get out there again and check out a few other mountains. This time we went to Keystone and Breckinridge. Both stellar mountains if you ask me. Though, I spent more time catching edges and rolling down the slopes than actually riding, I still had a blast! What made it better was being able to go with two of our best friends. If you ever have a chance to get out to that side of the world - do it, I promise it is worth the trip!

So after an amazing trip to Denver, H and I came home to ANOTHER Nor'easter! Yup, that's right, more snow. I can't tell you the last time the East Coast got this much snow in one season. But one good thing about all this snow is getting another paid day off from work : ) So even though technology is fighting against me, mother nature is going crazy, and our lives have been busy busy busy - we are still enjoying the ride.

Hopefully I will get my phone fixed (and/or a new hard drive) to post a few photos of the house updates soon. But until then, I am just gonna sit back and enjoy my day off. Anyone else doing anything on this snowy day?

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment