Monday, September 30, 2013

Where have you been all my life??

So, I have recently discovered Young House Love,  a blog about home decor created by a young couple who have grown their family and turned their home into something to be proud of. I am seriously obsessed! I spent an entire day just reading post after post. If you haven't checked out this blog, stop reading mine and go check it out, jk : )

But in all sincerity, wow, what an amazing blog. And talk about inspiring! All their DIY projects and creating the gorgeous space on a budget, hello, have you met me? Perfect fit! I know I am just getting started in the blogging world but I am so looking forward to posting about our journey through this thing we call life, specifically making this house a home.

One thing that I realized while reading Young House Love was to take time and enjoy the ride. The house will not get done in a day, and it probably will not be perfect the first time around. You have to make small changes over time to get to the ultimate goal of a finished space. If that means living through a reno or choosing a bad paint color and living with it for a few months or even a year before figuring out exactly what you want, then so be it. It is not the end of the world!

We all know that it is so hard sometimes to envision what you want your home to look like, especially with so many Pinterest posts that are just gorgeous (and probably expensive). It can be discouraging. But this blog has some great advice and after reading a few posts (by a few I mean literally their whole blog) I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders realizing, hey we aren't the only ones that are going through this with a tight budget and we won't be the last.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and this house won't be either. So cheers to the JP project and keeping track of all our progress! I'm counting on this blog to keep me motivated. And to keep me honest about my expectations, wants, hopes, and dreams in comparison to what our needs are and budget will allow. Here's hoping H and I can find a happy medium : )

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
JP



No comments:

Post a Comment