Friday, September 27, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

Remember way back when in the CSA post where I said we got Cubanelle Peppers? Yea well, I had no idea what to do with them so I did some research and apparently they are great stuffed. So I used my trusted stuffed pepper recipe and sure enough they were delish! Super easy and can be changed up any which way you want. Try using quinoa instead of rice or add some beans and veges in the mix. You can even use sweet or spicy italian sausage in place of chorizo. Get creative! No matter which way I have made stuffed peppers, they always turn out amazing, and they are a great crowd pleaser too!

Ingredients:

- 4 large bell peppers (In this case I used the Cubanelles)
- 3 or 4 links of chorizo
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 tsp worcheshire (spelling?)
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c tomato sauce 
- 1/2 c shredded jack cheese (or really any cheese that you want to use)

Directions:

- First, Cut the peppers in half and clean out the ribs and seeds




- Uncase the chorizo and cook, breaking it up, in a saute pan



- When the meat is cooked, add the onion, jalepeno, and garlic



- Cook for a few minutes (you can even add a splash of wine or chicken stock to get up the brown bits from the chorizo) then add tomato sauce and worchshire sauce



- Mix the rice into the meat sauce and add any extras that you might want, I just happened to have some black beans so I just threw 'em in : )


- Stuff pepper and top with cheese


- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted and the peppers look cooked through



Man these look good!!



Enjoy!
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment