Thursday, January 9, 2014

After Holiday Furniture Shopping

H and I have been looking for a sectional for our family room, but unfortunately, they can be crazy expensive. We saw this one a while back, but the $3000+ price tag was no bueno. Plus, it was stuffed with feathers so that wouldn't be good for me. We looked at a few more, but they were either too expensive or just not right for the look I was going for.

Since we already had two couches, one from our old apartment and one as a hand me down, we weren't really in dire need of getting a brand new sectional. I just figured that eventually we would find something that fits our style and our budget and until then we would make due with what we had.

Then came this brilliant idea I had to search at Macy's where we purchased our first couch that we fell in love with years ago {imagine the light bulb going off} and sure enough they had a great sectional, still a little pricey, but boy was it pretty. I know Macy's always has great sales so I just decided I would keep an eye on it and see if the price comes down before I get my heart set on anything.

Fast forward a few months, add one hefty after holiday sale, and BAM,... we have a new sectional! : )

ours will be a slightly darker grey

Of course before we bought the couch we moved our current furniture out of the room and put down some tape to outline the dimensions of the sectional just to make sure it would fit comfortably in the space. Sure enough it was a winner. We also got an amazing deal, like half price amazing, putting it well into our 'we can afford this' range. One down fall, it's on back order. Womp womp. 

So we have to wait to get our new couch until the end of the month or even possibly in February some time. But that's ok, what's another month or so at this point?

One step closer to finishing another space in this never ending project of a house! Cue fist pump.

Happy after holiday shopping!
JP




No comments:

Post a Comment