Sunday, August 18, 2013

New House, New Furniture?

I must preface this post by showing you where H and I came from. We lived in NYC for about 3 years and we spent the last year and a half in a ~ 400 sq. ft. apartment. Ok, maybe 450 with the closet and terrace combined, but that is being generous!! Needless to say we did not need a ton of furniture to fill the space.

Furniture is not to scale, we could hardly fit one couch, let alone 2!

I did love this apartment because we truly made it our own, very "city chic" decor and lots of IKEA furniture. Hopefully I can find some pictures of the decor and post them at a later date. Anyway, now just our Master Suite is larger than our whole apartment was in the city. Hence, we need more furniture.

We have a bunch of hand-me-downs and in combination with our NYC furniture we have enough to get us by, but it is just not our/my style. We have recently purchased a new bedroom set and a dining room table and chairs (posts on those rooms later) but currently, I am in the market for living room furniture.

I am deciding between two color schemes: Grey/Yellow or Grey/Purple. H is afraid the purple may make the room look too feminine (what does he know), while I think it would make it feel like a more elegant space. I also love grey and yellow together. A friend of ours got married about a year ago using grey and yellow as their colors. It was beautiful and modern, exactly what I am going for! So I am torn. I did happen to stumble upon a gorgeous grey couch in Raymour the other day which I fell in love with.


In this picture it looks really brown, but I swear it is more grey. I really love this couch and the fact that it already comes with so many different pillows is a huge bonus. It is part of the Cindy Crawford Fontaine line which includes an ottoman and I think accent chairs. Unfortunately I just found out the cushions are wrapped in a "feather blend" and for those who don't know, I am allergic to feathers. Womp Womp. I found out I was allergic a few years back and had to get rid of all my down comforters and down pillows, ugh, it was a sad day. But I have since replaced them with down-alternative and I honestly cannot tell the difference. Except of course that I can breath a bit easier. Anyway, my stupid allergies may keep me from getting this gorgeous couch : ( 

And the search continues...






No comments:

Post a Comment