Friday, December 6, 2013

Roasted Vegetables - Thanksgiving Made Easy

So I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know it was last week but I wanted to share this super easy recipe that I made this year using random veges we had from our CSA {part 2}. 


These beauties are all root vegetables: Daikon Radishes, Carrots, and Beets, with of course, some garlic thrown in for good measure : ) But, you could really use any hearty vegetables. I like to throw in some sweet potatoes when I have them or turnips. 


I just chopped these bad boys up and threw them in a roasting pan with whole cloves of garlic, tossed them with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs (I used rosemary and thyme, but you can really use just about any seasoning) and Voila... a healthy alternative to the candied carrots and sweet potato casserole loaded with butter and sugar. Now, don't get me wrong, I love those dishes as much as the next person, but it is always nice to have a healthier (and vegan, yay!) alternative.


The beets really give this dish a nice color and create a sweet balance for the tangy radishes. This made plenty of food for a handful of people with very few ingredients and it was super easy. That's my kind of Thanksgiving side dish!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Everyone!!
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment