Saturday, October 19, 2013

CSA Part 2

It has been a while since I posted about the CSA program H and I are a part of so I figured I would show what we got this week. We are starting to get into fall crops so the root vegetables are coming up which makes me a very happy girl. And we are getting lettuce again which means more salads for lunch (I don't know if that's a good or bad thing). And I can't wait until we get sweet potatoes, those are my favorite! But, until then, I will make due with all the other delicious veges we got this week!



Ok here's the breakdown:

- 1 huge head of cauliflower
- 1 eggplant
- 12 assorted hot peppers
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 bunch of turnips
- 2 daikon turnips
- 1 bunch of carts (that look like they are on steroids!)
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes
- 4 lbs slicing or beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 lb of spinach
- 1 lb of arugula
- 4, yes 4, heads of lettuce


No clue what I am going to do with 4 heads of lettuce, but I'm sure I will figure something out. And looking at those carrots and the cauliflower, whoever said organic means small never went to this farm!  It's a really good feeling to know that we are helping out a local farm, even better that it comes with the perk of all this amazing produce!

Happy Picking!
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment