Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring has Sprung

With the 60 degree weather today I am happy to say that it is officially starting to feel more like Spring! Finally.

The last month or so has been brutal. Snowing one day, raining the next, with no end in sight. But, I am hopeful that all the cold weather is behind us. With that being said, a new season calls for a new chalkboard in our Butler's Pantry.

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you might have seen the chalkboard art I did for Fall/Thanksgiving this past year. Well, it has pretty much stayed like that since October. I planned to change it up for the holidays or at least over the winter, but life got in the way. So now that is Spring, it's about time I get my butt in gear and change that chalkboard. 

Here is what it looked like over the Fall Season...


And here it is now...


Not bad. I was going to fill in some of the words with color but I was running out of time. Maybe next season : )

For those of you who want to know how I come up with these cute designs, the answer is, I don't! I find them online or on Pinterest, then use photoshop to add grid lines as guides to help me line up the words accurately. I also draw faint grid lines on the chalkboard to match. This is how I get everything to be proportionate in size and ensure that I don't run out of room while drawing. 

Maybe next time I change it up I'll take some photos of the process and make a quick tutorial. Check back in the Summer for that one!

Happy Spring!

JP



No comments:

Post a Comment