Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekend Finds

This weekend was very productive at our house! Not only did we visit two sides of the family and do some shopping, but we also painted the family room, no big deal : ) so I promise I will post about the finished family room and kitchen once I take some pictures but in the mean time I am really excited about my weekend finds.

I have had my eye on this table runner for a while now at Pottery Barn but I couldn't  justify spending $60 on it. So I waited until it went on sale for $40 and even then it was too much. But when I stopped by on Saturday they had it for only $25! Win! I still need to iron it but I had to try it out. 




I have it tucked under here because Pepper was getting a little too curious, didn't want her to rip it down. I know these photos aren't the best but my camera battery was charging so iPhone pics will have to do!

I also got a set of 8 matching napkins. Now, we never use cloth napkins but I figured it would be nice to have when we have my family over (my mom and Oma love that frilly stuff). These were on sale too, four for $10. Not bad.


Of course they match the whole grey/modern theme I have going on in the house. But, I think it's time I start getting some color accents in this house. My husband is already over all the grey.

So I also found this super cute dog bed for Miss Pepper. She needed a new one and this will go perfect with my grey/yellow family room once we get that all decorated.


She looks so thrilled doesn't she? But at least she likes the new bed! I swear every time I go out shopping I come back with something for the pup, even if I found nothing for me or the house, she always gets something. Princess Pepper : )

I also was able to get William Sonoma's Pumpkin Latte syrup on sale. This girl loves her pumpkin and I definitely did not get enough this season. 


My girlfriend and I also made a trip to the Crate and Barrel outlet. Love that place, but it is very hit or miss. Sometimes they have great stuff and sometimes nothing really catches my eye. Kinda like Home Goods. (We went there too!) So I got this metal tree ornament stand which was inexpensive and will be a great addition to our holiday decor. A more modern piece that will take up a good amount of space so I have to find the right spot for it. It was on their website, originally for $55, but I got it for $21! Holds ornaments so I can change it up from year to year. Once we decorate for the holidays I'll be sure to post where we decided to put it.

At Home Goods I bought these two reindeer made of twigs for $8 a piece. I wish I had a photo of them because they are super cute. Another holiday item I need to find a place for. Looks like I need to go buy some bins this year to store all of our decor. 

Everyone always says you collect things over the years so there is no need to go out and buy a ton of stuff at once and man were they right! This is our second holiday season in the house and we spent three seasons in the city so we have accumulated some stuff. And I was able to get a few things on super clearance at the end of the season last year so we are definitely building our fare share. Maybe after this year we can reorganize and store the stuff we have properly because right now it's in so many random boxes. Another project for another day : )

Happy Shopping!
JP













No comments:

Post a Comment